søndag den 22. november 2015

I feel too closely connected to these animals

Isn't it said that people and their pets end up looking alike? There are definitely parallels between my family and our two cats ...

Some time after my brother's diagnosis, we became convinced that our oldest (now passed) cat was autistic.
The last few years, one of the age-related oddities our youngest has acquired is weirdly disordered eating - her behavior seems closer to bulimia than my anorexia, but still ...
I could also probably relate both of their clingyness to how both my brother and I have needed longer time than most to become comfortable being away from our parents, but on second thought, cats being clingy is pretty standard, isn't it ...

Either way. Maybe the medical professionals in my life don't need to bother with journals and can just look at my cats.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar